Nursing Care Plan for Hyperpituitarism

Hyperpituitarism is a condition that results in excess secretion of a hormone that is secreted from the pituitary gland. Hyperpituitarism, or primary hypersecretion of pituitary hormones, rarely occurs in children. Hyperpituitarism usually the result of pituitary microadenomas. The cause of hypopituitarism is hyperplasia and carcinoma of adenohypophyseal, secretion by non - pituitary tumors and certain hypothalamic disorders and carcinoid tumors. Prolonged effects of excessive secretion of pituitary hormones include arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoporosis, kyphosis, hypertension, arteriosclerosis, heart enlargement and heart failure.

Classification pituitary / pituitary adenoma.
  • Encapsulated (no metastases in the sella turcica)
  • Invasive (sella turcica damaged due to metastasis)
  • Microadenomas (encapsulate the tumor with a diameter less than 10 mm)
  • Macroadenomas (encapsulate the tumor with a diameter greater than 10 mm)
Clinical Manifestations
  • Changes in the shape and size of the body and internal organs (such as the hands, feet, fingers, tongue, jaw, cardiomegaly).
  • Impotence.
  • Reduced visual acuity.
  • Headache.
  • Changes in the menstrual cycle (in women clients), infertility.
  • Decreased sexual libido.
  • Muscle weakness, fatigue and lethargy. (Hotman Rumahardo , 2000: 39).

Test and Diagnosis
  • Serum prolactin levels ; ACTH , GH.
  • CT - Scan / MRI.
  • Measurement of visual field.
  • Hormone tests.
  • Angiography.
  • Glucose tolerance test.
  • The dexamethasone suppression test.
Complication
  • Hypothalamic disorders.
  • Organ disease 'target ' as failed primary thyroid, Addison 's disease or primary gonadal fail.
  • Other causes of chusing syndrome include adrenal tumors, ectopic ACTH syndrome.
  • Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus or psychogenic.
  • Parkinson syndrome.


Nursing Diagnosis for Hyperpituitarism
  1. Disturbed body image related to the change in physical appearance.
  2. Acute pain : the head relate to suppression by tumor tissue.
  3. Disturbed Sensory Perception (visual) related to disorders of impulse transmission due to compression of the optic nerve tumor.
  4. Anxiety related to threats to life status change.
  5. Risk for injury related to a decrease in sensory perception.
loading...

3 Comment:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i recieved through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email--- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have herbal cure for COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITICS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure of the cause of COPD emphysema in my case. I smoked pack a day for 12 or 13 years, but quit 40 years ago. I have been an outdoor person all my adult life. Coughing started last summer producing thick mucus, greenish tint to clear. I tried prednisone and antibiotics, but no change. X-rays are negative, heart lungs and blood and serum chemistries all are normal. I have lung calcification from childhood bout with histoplasmosis. I am 75 years old and retired.My current doctor directed me to totalcureherbsfoundation .c om which I purchase the COPD herbal remedies from them ,they are located in Johannesburg, the herbal treatment has effectively reduce all my symptoms totally, am waiting to complete the 15 weeks usage because they guaranteed me total cure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness I am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB and HIV has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967,  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He sent me his herbal medicines through Courier service and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like,Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis,Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top