Diet is a growing pattern of food consumption according to the physiological needs, cultural factors and religious, availability, cost / price and personal pleasure. There are many kinds of therapeutic diets is applied for the treatment of disease. Among Diabetes Mellitus, low-fat diet, a diet high in protein and low-salt diet.
The Purpose of Diet
- Giving food as needed.
- Maintaining blood sugar levels to normal / near normal.
- Maintaining a normal weight.
- Prevent blood sugar levels that are too low can cause fainting.
- Reduce / prevent complications.
Raw foods recommended
- Sources of protein : fish, eggs, skinless chicken, tempeh, tofu.
- Vegetables : spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant.
- Fruits : apples, oranges, papaya, guava.
- All sources of carbohydrate : rice, wheat bread, corn, potatoes, noodles, sticky rice.
- Animal protein sources high in saturated fat : Sardinese, sausage, corned beef.
- Vegetables : spinach, beans, cassava leaves, long beans.
- Fruit : pineapple, mango, soursop, bananas.
- Sugar , brown sugar , sugar cubes , honey .
- Food / drinks are sweet : sweet cake , lunkhead , syrup , jam , chocolate , candy , sweetened condensed milk , soft drinks .
- Seasoning sweet : oyster sauce , sweet soy sauce .
- Sweet and preserved fruit : durian , jackfruit , tape .
- Drinks that contain alcohol .